Over the past weeks, I have met and spoken with many of you. I have heard your concerns.
As a fellow Etobicoke North resident, I get them.
Our conversations shaped my vison. We need communities that are affordable, safe, and well-connected with public transit. I will be a City Councillor who is not afraid to champion these issues.
Affordable housing for everyone and repairs to TCHC buildings
- Advocate for all levels of government to reallocate more budget to housing.
- Ensure upgrades in TCHC buildings to make them safe and livable.
More reliable and consistent TTC service to cut down commute times
- Introduce more Express Buses to cut down long commutes.
- Increase transit investment in Etobicoke North.
- Ensure residents benefit from the Community Benefits Agreement from the Finch West LRT.
Being the voice of new immigrants
- Help new immigrants land on a strong footing by strengthening programs to allow them practice their professions in Canada.
- Support new immigrants navigate Canada's healthcare, education, employment, and legal system.
Fight poverty for families, seniors, and people of all ages
- Provide more city-funded programs to take off the burden of rising cost of living.
Improve Public Safety and Security
- Support the police to build better relationships with the community, especially Black residents.
- Have mental health professionals work with police in high crisis situations.
- Tackle COVID-19 by working with local leaders, community groups, and health centres.
Do you like this page?